An agreement is an agreement, right? Not according to Essential Energy, which is trying to welch out of its Enterprise Agreement with 2,300 employees, by applying to the Fair Work Commission to the have the agreement terminated.
Union seeks fresh Essential Energy ballot after workers raise concerns over irregularities with original vote
The United Services Union is applying to the Fair Work Commission for a fresh protected industrial action ballot at Essential Energy after workers reported that irregularities and delays involving regional postal services had prevented many eligible voters from taking part.
Today the USU shares the loss of a great leader, Pat Geraghty, with our friends at the MUA. This vale by MUA National Secretary Paddy Crumlin pays tribute to a great trade unionist.
- Union welcomes decision of Liverpool CEO to resign: urges replacement to immediately act on asbestos issue
- Aquatic ballot for Summer 2016/17 now open
- USU remembers Kath Nelson
- Save Our Councils rally: Community must have a say
- Let them stay! say City of Sydney Council members
- Thousands of NSW power workers have jobs, pay and conditions threatened in unprecedented attack
- Essential Energy workers hold vote on industrial action over proposal to slash 800 regional jobs
- International Women's Day 2016: combatting gender inequality at work
- Liverpool Council: asbestos fears continue
- Unions vindicated as Tribunal confirms Australian Energy Regulator got it wrong on power pricing