The Union’s previous safety survey and the ensuing report provided insightful information and data on the experiences of council officers in their day to day duties.
A show of strong collective action unfolded at a united USU members meeting held at Civic park Newcastle on Wednesday 23rd July 2014. A unanimous vote of No-Confidence was passed in the overall management of Newcastle City Council along with General Manager Ken Gouldthorp.
Local Government workers celebrate as new Award improves job security, consultation, and flexibility
For the first time, “job security” has been enshrined as a core objective of the Award covering more than 50,000 local government workers across New South Wales.
ABOUT 200 members of the United Services Union rallied in Newcastle’s Civic Park today passing a vote of no confidence in Newcastle City Council management.
- Staff pass vote of no confidence in Newcastle City Council management.
- Changed or Unchanged: That is the Question at Ausgrid
- NCC attacks and targets YOUR job – Who is Next?
- USU local govt award praised
- Job Board: Great SECONDMENT opportunities at Ausgrid
- Contract Confusion Beckons at Endeavour
- CHILDCARE RALLY BRINGS COMMUNITY TOGETHER
- Baird declares election victory: appoints investment banks to run electricity sale without voter mandate
- Corporate raider eyes off council-run childcare services: Hornsby Shire to vote on unsolicited privatisation offer
- Hornsby Council considering privatising council-run childcare centres after receiving unsolicited offer from private operator