The unions have met with Ausgrid on the issue of transition. The USU has made our position clear to Ausgrid that employees who are below any agreed cut off limits are already covered by the Ausgrid Agreement.
While this edition of United includes the great news about our Local Government State Award it also includes some sobering news.
President Steve Birney has outlined some of his concerns about the federal budget which I endorse. As a trade union, one of our main aims is to unite to support the vulnerable in our workplaces. We know that together we are stronger. But that also applies for our community too which is why we have supported community rallies to Bust the Budget (pages 5-6), Save Medicare (page 7) and Stop the Sell Off of our power industry (pages 4-5).
Following consecutive days of unprecedented call volumes, increasing waiting times and delays for NRMA members for assistance, the USU has sought an urgent meeting with management to progress a number of outstanding issues around the operation of NRMA Contact Centres.
- USU Collective Action at Newcastle City Council
- UNITED SERVICES UNION’S ‘FEE FREE WEEKEND’
- Ambulance Service of NSW Update
- NCC USU Members Unite against Cuts to jobs and Services and announce a "Fee Free Weekend"
- Endeavour: Fight Back Against Contracts
- Spill and fill
- Endeavour Showers in fear
- New Survey: Rangers, Parking Patrol Officers and Animal Control Officers
- NCC USU members unite against cuts to jobs and services!
- Local Government workers celebrate as new Award improves job security, consultation, and flexibility