Today's announcement by the Qantas Group of the cutting of 5000 jobs and the massive restructuring across the Group is a dark day in the proud history of your airline and it cannot go unchallenged by any of us who have worked hard to make the company an Australian icon with an unbeatable safety record and reputation for customer service.
There has been a lot of media speculation about the future of Qantas in Australia. Rumours have been spreading throughout your workplaces about possible job losses at Qantas.
Hundreds of people have gathered outside Sydney's Town Hall to protest against any moves to water down Medicare and introduce patient payments to see a bulk-billing GP.
Unions NSW was able to bring attention to the plight of injured workers from the cuts to the NSW workers compensation system on the 7.30 Report (NSW Edition) last Friday night, 7th February.
The United Services Union members and workers at Newcastle City Council have begun collecting donations out of their own hard-earned wages in an effort to support the Memorial Services provided by the local Newcastle District and RSL Sub Branches.
- Petition: help us save Medicare
- Save Medicare Rally!
- Working in the heat: Be protected!
- Hands off Medicare!
- National implications for workplace drug testing following court ruling against Endeavour Energy
- Oral fluid drug testing over urine testing: Three tribunal cases and three wins
- New online resource launched promoting the diversity of careers in local government
- Redeployment Rescue at Essential
- IRC HANDS DOWN HUMILIATING LOSS TO BAIRD AND O’FARRELL GOVERNMENT IN PUBLIC SECTOR WAGES CASE
- Christmas WIN for Newcastle Council Workers