Ausgrid looking to send jobs overseas as electricity network companies cut costs ahead of privatisation
Publicly-owned electricity poles and wires business Ausgrid is looking to send 37 jobs from their information and communications technology department offshore, in a move unions fear is part of the process of fattening up the poles and wires business for privatisation.
Democracy is being trampled and the views of ratepayers ignored by Sydney's business community as they selfishly promote council amalgamations in the hope that more lucrative contracts can be won from mega-councils, the United Services Union has said.
At the mass meeting that took place on Thursday 9 October, 2014 at Merrylands Oval, Council outlined its campaign against amalgamating Holroyd City Council to staff.
- Stop the sell off: Local Job losses and state wide job losses
- Ausgrid Attack
- Australians tell Alan Joyce & Qantas Board to keep their promise – don’t offshore more Australian jobs!
- USU involvement has ensured current positive outcomes and update for Gosford Council members!
- Ausgrid: Gun for Hire focus on Labour Hire
- TABCORP Granville Account Sales Operator Members Industrial Update
- USU lodge NSW IRC Dispute against Gosford City Council – Local Jobs Targeted
- Gosford Council Organisational Restructure Update – JOBS TARGETED!
- Bad Santa Clause
- Make your shareholding count at Qantas AGM