Commencing with the first full pay period after 1 July 2016, all employees working under the Local Government (State) Award 2014 should receive either a $23.20 or 2.8% per week pay increase (whichever is greater)*. This is the third Award increase since July 2014 and represents the single largest Award increase since the most recent Award came into effect.
The 2016 federal election is about priorities. Whether $50 billion of taxpayers’ money is best used on corporate tax cuts or on health, education and infrastructure investment. In this report we demystify the issues for our members and supporters so you can be well-informed at the ballot box.
Workers from Riverina Water County Council in Wagga Wagga will tomorrow (Friday 24 June, 2016) commence industrial action over stalled negotiations for a new workplace award, imposing bans on overtime, on-call work, and the processing of customer accounts.
- Roy Byrnes Award 2016: Nominations now open
- ABCC Chaos Looming FOR USU MEMBERS
- ABCC could interrogate Local Council Workers including Librarians, Lifeguards, Early Childhood Educators & Office Staff - Cash No Comment
- Southern Courier: Botany Bay Council takes further legal action against Local Government Minister over mergers
- Great news on Apprentices
- Essential Energy Union Members: Where to from here?
- 2016 AWARDS: USU New Gen celebrates apprentices & mentors
- Essential Energy Arbitration: The Truth – Limited Items to be Arbitrated.
- REGIONAL EXPRESS – Your next pay rise is due in July
- VIRGIN AUSTRALIA – Your next pay rise is due in July