Parents and staff hold protest to demand Blacktown Council reject plans to close child care services
More than a hundred parents, child care staff, and children will tonight rally outside Blacktown Council to urge councillors to reject outright plans to close child care services in the city.
The Unions met with Vince Graham today to try and get some sense into the negotiations for a new Enterprise Agreement. There has been a fair bit of debate about how we might be able to finalise any agreement and a continuing frustration with management about progress.
Families to lose out in Blacktown Council plan to close child care centres and axe before and after school care
Families in the Blacktown area will struggle to find child care places, and suffer substantial price rises, if Blacktown Council pushes ahead with a proposal to immediately close five long day care centres, along with all before and after school and vacation care programs, according to the United Services Union.
As you may be aware the unions have lodged various forms of protected action following a very successful vote in our protected action ballot. The USU and combined unions were looking at a 1st of November state-wide stoppage.
At the Council meeting on the 22 October the Mayor proposed to give the hardworking dedicated staff at Randwick City Council an extra public holiday.
- Essential Energy Far West Enterprise Agreement: VOTE NO!
- Poll stoush sparks bully tactics claim
- Save Blacktown Child Care: Meeting and Petition!
- ESSENTIAL MEMBERS SAY YES !
- Endeavour Mix and Match: Round 2
- Ambulance Service of NSW: Is the Cad system causing you stress?
- Essential Energy Members: You’re Not Left Out
- Mayor Len Robinson ignores 3000+ petitioners and is steamrolling ahead with closing down YOUR childcare centres!!
- ACT Government MAKES AN Announcement on ACTTAB Future
- Ambulance Service of NSW: ARE YOU IN THE DARK ABOUT WHERE YOU PARK?