Daily Telegraph: Angry crowd rallies at Liverpool Council meeting over concerns for their job security
AN ANGRY crowd filled Liverpool Council's chambers after a demonstration outside its chambers last night.
Today the ASU has released a new report bringing together Australian and international research on privatisation to illustrate the detrimental impact it can have. Public opposition to privatisation is at a high pitch as more people become informed, yet some politicians remain intent on selling our public assets and in doing so, betray our communities.
Australian unions have a long history of standing in solidarity with Vanuatu. In the 1970s, we supported the independence movement against French/British rule, which saw a republic declared in 1980. It is time to stand in solidarity with Vanuatu's workers again.
The USU is holding a Report Back meeting on Tuesday 24th March 2015 at 1 pm. The meeting will be held in Bigge Park and the Union is requesting that ALL USU members attend.
- Protected Action Ausgrid Members
- Ausgrid staff to hold series of work stoppages in fight to secure jobs ahead of power network sale
- Essential Energy: Have your say on your EBA
- Don't be tricked!
- SMH: Local government: Liverpool City Council considers handing part of workload to Propel Partnerships
- United magazine Autumn 2015: Fighting for our rights
- USU Picnic Day: Nothing could dampen the fun!
- Liverpool Council CEO ignores Local Government State Award 2014!
- AWARDS: USU New Gen celebrates apprentices & mentors
- Liverpool Council members have a say!