Local Government Minister Paul Toole has been urged to intervene after a meeting of Liverpool City Council had to be abandoned last night, with several councillors allegedly threatened and intimidated.
Today the USU supported a rally by the Maritime Union of Australia outside Parliament House in Canberra to protest the Turnbull Government decision to grant temporary licences to replace the vessels, the MV Portland and CSL Melbourne.
In an attempt at intimidating the USU, Liverpool Council is seeking to stop Union officials from investigating Work Health and Safety issues for staff at Liverpool.
Media Statement: Heydon Royal Commission Secret Volumes: No threat to the power and authority of the Australian State - Lambie
JLN Independent Tasmanian Senator Jacqui Lambie has called on Prime Minister Turnbull to redact and de-identify the secret volumes of the Heydon Royal Commission and release them to all Senators, under special circumstances, after she read the secret report.
- Hundreds to hold memorial for three workers killed in Australia's first domestic terrorist attack
- KPMG and the “facts” about local government mergers
- MEDIA ALERT: Memorial for workers killed in Australia’s first domestic terrorist attack
- Essential Energy delegates reject proposed agreement that would slash 800 regional jobs and cut conditions
- Myths about penalty rates and those who rely on them
- MEDIA ALERT -- BROKEN HILL: Essential Water workers to hold 24 hour stoppage following three years of failed negotiations
- Penalty Rates: Fair Work Commission wants to hear your views
- A rollercoaster is no place for a newborn - a brief history of the Coalition’s paid parental leave policy
- Call for fair tax has cards stacked against it
- Smh: Council amalgamation report 'awash with errors'