Security officers have blocked MPs' staff from campaigning for improved pay inside Parliament House, amid growing unrest in minister's offices and the threat of a proposed enterprise bargaining deal being rejected.
Members will be aware that the Fair Work Commission has handed down its determination on clauses for your Enterprise Agreement. The determination was handed down on Wednesday 23rd November 2016.
Nationals Leader John Barilaro is facing his first real test as the representative for NSW regional and rural communities, after Essential Energy was given the green light to slash hundreds of jobs.
Publicly owned electricity distributor Essential Energy has today been granted permission to slash a minimum of 600 regional jobs across NSW following a decision of the full bench of the Fair Work Commission, with forced redundancies expected to commence within weeks.
- Essential Energy workplace determination Has been released
- Ten News report: Graeme Kelly talks to Ten news about Members of Parliament Staff wages
- The Australian: Adviser boom despite public service wages cap
- Fed Gov accused of gaming public service wage cap with promotions for dozens of Ministerial advisors
- Weekend Sunrise, 12/11/16: USU General Secretary Graeme Kelly discusses Workplace Drug Policy
- USU ENERGY NEWS: a plan for the future
- Blacktown City Council workers outraged by inaccurate, sensationalist media reporting of drug and alcohol testing program
- WHAT A WASTE: USU TAKES ACTION ON WASTE “STRATEGY”
- LOCAL COUNCILS IGNORED IN WESTERN SYDNEY CITY DEAL
- Liberal Govt moves to cut Paid Parental Leave again