The full privatisation of TransGrid, which operates the high-voltage transmission network throughout NSW, will impact on every electricity consumer in NSW, risking higher prices and reduced services, according to the Stop the Sell Off campaign.
A swimming pool opens for summer - no big deal you'd think. But it is a big deal because that swimming pool was condemned to close so the land could be sold off.
That swimming pool represents what we, as a union, do. It also represents what people power can achieve.
Check out the story on page 22 in our journal below. Mt Druitt pool has re-opened this year following an intense community campaign and I am proud that the USU was part of that campaign.
Hornsby councillors to vote tonight on plan to sell child care centre for high density unit development
The future of four childcare council run long day care centres operated by Hornsby Shire Council will be debated tonight, with a proposal to sell one to developers for high density housing as well as privatising three others.
- Christmas chaos at Essential
- VICTORY!!! - Slaters backs down
- Energy Industry Update: Draft AER determination
- NSW consumers face blackouts, reduced safety and slower emergency responses as energy regulator slashes spending
- BAIRD ALREADY PLANNING THE FULL 100% SALE OF ELECTRICITY
- Christmas Grinch Comes Early at Endeavour
- Doctor Doom ... and the Family Unfriendly Agreement
- USU@Fairfield: What is Happening with the EA?
- Survey: Our living standards, our voice!
- Gosford Council Organisational Restructure Update – USU Action leads to Positive Developments