The USU has been pursuing the issue of contracts in your organisation that should be covered by the Ausgrid Agreement within the Fair Work Commission. These contracts do not have the same protection or conditions as the Ausgrid Agreement (such as no forced redundancies and salary maintenance plus many more).
At 2:00pm on 25 June 2014, the President of the Industrial Relations Commission, Justice Walton, approved the Local Government (State) Award 2014* on the USU’s application.
Electricity consumers will be the big losers after the Australian Competition Tribunal approved the conditional sale of the largest power producer in NSW, Macquarie Generation, despite the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission warning the sale would lead to higher prices.
After hard fought efforts by the energy unions, Ausgrid and Endeavour Energy have now responded that the contestable metering part of the business will not be sold off.
- The Three Stooges of Contract mishap
- Workers Compensation: Workers tell their stories
- $19,000 raised in 2014 by the USU to support the Homeless in NSW!
- Bust the Budget
- Essential Energy: Restructure process and subcommittee roles in a Nutshell
- Stop the NSW Power Sell Off: Taking the fight to the Federal Senate
- Essential Energy: Hold the phone - contracts on hold!
- 2014 NSW Local Government Award Summary of Changes
- Why privatising poles won't reduce your electricity bill
- NSW Coalition says yes to 49% sale of Ausgrid, TransGrid & Endeavour