Following the collective efforts of USU members, your Union has now received guarantees from the CEO that relevant information will now be provided to your Union prior to the commencement of the formal consultation period. At this stage, this is proposed to be provided to your Union from 17th November 2014 which will allow genuine consultation to occur accordance in the Local Government (State) Award 2014.
The NSW government has sought to distance itself from claims by the Treasurer that Sydney's 41 councils should be reduced to just five.
- NSW TREASURER LETS THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG ON SYDNEY'S FIVE MONSTER COUNCILS
- Ausgrid looking to send jobs overseas as electricity network companies cut costs ahead of privatisation
- Business Chamber’s undemocratic push for council amalgamations about money, not community interest
- Call in the Doctor Endeavour needs a Heart Transplant
- SPEAK UP AGAINST AMALGAMATING HOLROYD, SAY NO!
- WORRIED LOCALS TURN UP TO SALE OF POLES AND WIRES FORUM
- Stop the sell off: Local Job losses and state wide job losses
- Ausgrid Attack
- Australians tell Alan Joyce & Qantas Board to keep their promise – don’t offshore more Australian jobs!
- USU involvement has ensured current positive outcomes and update for Gosford Council members!