Members will be aware that the negotiations with Essential Water for your new Enterprise Agreement have been protracted and have again reached a stalemate.
ABC News: Medical checks for Liverpool Council staff after investigation into asbestos-contaminated soil in Sydney's south-west
Staff from Liverpool Council in south-west Sydney are to be given medical checks following an investigation into whether the council supplied asbestos-contaminated soil in the area.
A family fun day will be held at the Hutchison Assembly from 12:00 noon – 6:00pm on Saturday, 7 November 2015 at Hutchison Terminal Port Botany Gate B150 Sirius Road, Port Botany (access via Foreshore Road).
An ultimatum from publicly-owned Goldenfields Water County Council to an employee that he needed to move from Cootamundra to Temora, or face losing his job, was examined by the NSW Industrial Relations Commission yesterday at Temora Court House.
Plans by publicly-owned electricity network companies Ausgrid and Essential Energy to use forced redundancies to slash up to 2,395 jobs have been thrown into disarray this afternoon, with the Fair Work Commission ruling that they would breach existing workplace agreements.
- Liverpool Council members: Are You Safe?
- SMH: Liverpool council investigated over asbestos-contaminated soil allegations
- NPBS: Your union EXCLUDED
- Central Western Daily: Essential Energy job losses spark union backlash
- Western Advocate: Essential Energy employees claim they are being bullied
- Prime 7: Unions blitz on Essential Energy
- The Daily Liberal: Essential Energy's guide to bullying
- The Daily Examiner: Union to visit Essential Energy workers over health concerns
- Week-long health and safety blitz of Essential Energy sites over stress, bullying and harassment concerns
- WHO WILL REPRESENT YOU IF YOUR COUNCIL AMALGAMATES?